Check-in Instructions for the ARO JS8/WNLK Weekly Net
JS8CALL OTA Check-Ins
1. To join just add @ARO as a group in JS8CALL and tune in on 40M next Sunday @ 17:00UTC.
2. Wait for the PNCS to start the net and follow the instructions.
3. Remember to send your check-in, once PNCS calls for themwith the following template: YourCallsign, City, Province, Country, Grid, Traffic. *Several stations can send simultaneous check-ins. That's OK*
4. Wait for PNCS to confirm your check-in has been logged.
4. In case you don't hear the PNCS directly, or you don't get confirmation from PNCS, we recommend using either the ** JS8CALL Inbox Check-Ins ** instructions below through one or more relays or the ** Winlink Check-Ins ** instructions.
Be alert for other stations relaying your message, or ask for a station to relay for you. The ARO community will make sure to help, if they hear you.
JS8CALL Inbox Check-Ins
1. Pls send a JS8 Inbox message to HB9HJU with UR check-in info based on this template: HB9HJU MSG YourCallsign, City, Province, Country, Grid, Traffic.
2. Wait for an ACK from the PNCS station (HB9HJU). After receiving an ACK you're all set.
3. In case you don't receive an ACK, run a QUERY CALLSIGN command to find a station that can hear the PNCS and send your inbox message through that station as a relay. Wait for an ACK.
4. [OPTIONAL] - As an added challenge, try more than one hop!
1. Use the Winlink Check-In Template available via Templates/General/Winlink Check-In after you start composing a new message
2. On the "Date/Time" field, select your current date/time
3. On the "Status" field, please select "Net"
4. For the "Band", select the band you will use to transmit the message
5. Please put the mode (Ardop, Vara, Vara HF, etc.) you will use to transmit. Telnet check-ins can be used but *we encourage the use of RF to transmit the message*
6. On the "To" field, please write HB9HJU
7. On "location", please write your City/Town
8. If available, please input your GPS coordinates in decimal on the "Decimal GPS Coordinates".
9. Finally, on the "comments" section, please write any traffic or relevant message you have for the net.
10. Once all your fields are complete, please hit "Submit" on your screen. The current window will close and, you will revert to the original email window with all information references in a standard message format.
11. At this point, you can click "Post to Outbox" or "Send" depending on your Winlink client.
Email Check-In Instructions
For those that won't have the opportunity to use Winlink or can't send via JS8CALL, the option of sending an email to HB9HJU@WINLINK.ORG is available.
Please send an email to HB9HJU with the following subject template: YourCallsign, City, Province, Country, Grid. Please post any traffic for the net in your email body.